Wondering how to find the Roku IP Address without a remote?
Roku users need to find the IP address of their Roku device to troubleshoot problems and establish different connections.
Each Roku has an IP address that allows you to connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
But what can you do if you misplaced your remote? (Besides screaming?)
This article gives you THREE WAYS TO DO THIS without calling in the nerd squad.
How to Find the Roku IP Address Without a Remote
Here are three different ways to quickly find the Roku IP address without your remote:
1. the Roku mobile app
2. the Remoku extension add-on for the Google Chrome browser
3. logging into your wireless network and router via your computer
Use the Mobile App
Lost your Roku remote? Don’t panic!
There’s no need to put in an overnight order for a new one with their handy mobile app.
Just download the FREE Roku app on your mobile phone!
Here’s how to get the IP address of your Roku device with the mobile app:
Using a mobile device is the easiest way to get your Roku device IP address without a remote. Here’s how:
1. Download the Remoku app from the app store.
2. Open the app and click on the Settings option.
3. See your Roku IP address under My Network. TADA!
Ditch the remote! The app also has everything you need to control your Roku player.
Plus, it has cool features like search by voice and private listening. Many people love using the app on their mobile phones to watch their favorite TV shows on Hulu, ABC, MSNBC, and more!
Or check out my 7 Best Universal Remotes Under $30 for Roku Devices buying guide.
The Remoku Extension
Use the Remoku Add-on from the Chrome app store to get your Roku’s IP address.
Here’s how to use the Remoku app on the Chrome web browser:
1. Go to the Chrome Web Store and type Remoku in the search bar.
2. Click on Remoku and go to their download page.
3. Click on the download button to add the extension to your Chrome browser.
4. Open Remoku via the icon in the upper right of your Chrome window. (You may need to pin the extension.) The virtual remote will pop open in your browser.
5. At the top of the Settings menu, select Settings.
6. Remoku scans your network’s range of IP addresses and looks for ones belonging to Roku devices. When it finds them, it’ll list them out for you, and you can find your Roku’s IP address.
Log In To Your Router
The final method is using your router and computer. It’s super easy to do!
If your Roku is on your router’s home network, you can find your Roku’s IP address using the following steps:
1. Have Windows 10? Then right-click on the Start icon.
2. Choose the Command Prompt.
3. Enter ipconfig in the Command Prompt window.
4. Click Enter. Your IP address will be to the right of where it says Default Gateway.
Have you ever contacted Roku customer service with a technical issue like how to find the link code?