Last Updated on March 4, 2022 by Anne-Marie
Here’s the best way to live stream ABC on Roku.
Watching ABC Live on Roku is SUPER EASY TO DO!
How to Watch ABC for Free
Can you watch ABC on Roku for FREE?
Well, sort of. You see, you can watch ABC News for FREE.
That’s fine if you only want news coverage. Otherwise, you have to have pay to watch ABC programming.
No free lunches, right?
How to Download the ABC App on Your Roku Device
Luckily, downloading the ABC app is easy to do. Here’s how:
1. Press the home button on your Roku remote.
2. Then go to the Search option bar and type in ABC.
3. Choose the ABC app from the Roku channel store. Then add it.
4. Cursor over to Live TV to see the lineup menu. You’ll notice most of the shows have a locked icon. The only exception is ABC News Live. You can watch this channel without signing in to your TV provider.
5. To activate the ABC app, launch the browser on your PC and type in abc.com/activate on the address bar.
6. Type in the activation code when prompted.
7. You will then be asked for your cable provider or streaming provider.
8. After you pick your provider, you’ll need to log into your cable tv subscription or steaming account. So make sure to have that account info.
9. Once all those steps are followed, the screen refreshes. Then you can stream ABC programming at last.
Learn about how to watch Facebook live on your Roku, too.
Why Should I Download the ABC App?
Maybe you love ABC and just want to watch live episodes of popular ABC shows. Beats logging into a streaming app and scrolling past all those other channels and shows!
That way, you can start watching your favorite shows like General Hospital, Grey’s Anatomy, Army Wives, Body of Proof, The Good Doctor, Modern Family, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Note: The ABC TV live stream is available with participating TV providers in Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, and San Francisco.
That way, you can get your local ABC station. Cool!
Have a DIRECTV Stream subscription? You’re good to go in Albuquerque, Boston, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, Jackson, MS, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Portland-Auburn, Savannah, and West Palm Beach.
What Streaming Services Support the ABC App?
Now that you know how to stream ABC live on Roku make sure you have a streaming service that supports it, such as:
- Hulu’s live TV service (Learn about the 5 Easiest Ways to Skip & Block Ads on Hulu.)
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
To learn more about these streaming services, check out these articles:
What Cable Services Support the ABC App?
You’ll see a massive list of supported vendors in the app setup.
Can I Add ABC to My Smart TV?
Probably! Try adding the ABC app to your Smart TV or Apple TV.
If it doesn’t work, load the mobile app and try mirroring or casting. You can read how to do this at Here’s How to Watch WGN on Roku. (Just with a different app.)
Which Rokus Support the App?
Run the app on the following Roku players:
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku TV
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku Streaming Sticks
When setting up your device, learn how to find the Roku link code.
Is There an ABC Mobile App?
If you love mobile apps, you should try the ABC app. It’s the perfect way to watch full episodes of your favorite ABC, Freeform, FX, and National Geographic shows on your phone or tablet.
- Watch TV on your phone when you’re on the go.
- Episodes stream live or access on-demand content.
- Create a free account to save favorites, continue watching where you left off, and sync your preferences across multiple devices. (Much easier to create the account on your phone than to type it out on the Roku unless you have a wireless keyboard.)
- While the app is free, the programming isn’t. You have to have a cable or streaming provider to access ABC’s programming.
Download the app for Apple Devices in the Apple Store.
Download the app for the Android Phone at the Google Play Store.
Are you going to download the ABC app?